Student visa to Germany: Procedure, Rules and Documents
Studying abroad may demand a lot of dedication and perseverance. Germany is probably one of the best places in the world to get educated and work too. The quality of higher education, different teaching methods, major and multiple career prospects at affordable prices make it one of the best places to study. No wonder a lot of international students want to enrol in German universities for their undergraduate courses or even the postgraduate, but before one enrols in a German University, one should learn German Language at Language Legos, it is the best German Language Institute in Jaipur.
It’s necessary to know their local language therefore one should enrol at the best German Language Institute in Jaipur- Language Legos
In this article we will deal all the questions like: how do you get entry into the country as a student? What documents do you need to apply for that student visa? Are you, student allowed into the country or not to pursue higher education? Do you need a permit to visit the country? How long do you have to wait before that visa gets processed for you? What official authority needs to authorise your visa?
Well, it solely depends on the citizenship of the student. The kind of documents and detailed information that you need to provide depend on the purpose and your country of origin. It is always recommended that you always apply in advance because you never know how long it would take to process it given that there are millions of applications every year.
Like citizens from the European Union or Ireland, Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and the likes need only an ID card to enter the country. However, other citizens need a visa to visit Germany if they intend to stay longer than 90 days in the country.
Types of Visa :
There are three different kinds of Visa which can be applied depending on the kind of study you want to approach.
- Language Course Visa: If you are a student who wants to learn German in Germany, this is the kind of Visa that would be perfect for you.
- Student Application Visa: if you are sure that you want to pursue a course in Germany but still trying to figure it out, which programme is right for you or you still haven’t received the call letter from German university.
- Student Visa: if you have been accepted by one of the German universities which have a course which is meant just for you, this visa is just the right one for you.
Who can apply for Student Visa ?
You might be wondering, isn’t student visa meant for all those who want to get into the country for the sole purpose of studying? Well, the following can always apply for a study or student visa :
- If you are someone who has been accepted into one of the German universities.
- If you are one of the prospective students who has applied and is awaiting the acceptance letter.
- If you have enrolled for one of the foundation courses in the country.
- If you are someone who wants to complete a doctoral degree.
- If you want to engage in a research project that will help the country or any institution that you are working with.
- If you are one of the person who want to enrol in a foundation course to qualify for the assessment examination.
Procedure to apply for Student Visa :
Step 1: Identify the kind of visa you want and apply to the Embassy of Germany in your country.
Step 2: Enrol yourself at German University. For enrolment at the university of your choice you need certified copies of your academic mark sheets and certificates. You can obtain the attested copies at German Mission. Kindly schedule your appointment prior. (click here for scheduling an appointment: http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/indien/en/06__Consu__Visa/visa__new/appointments.html#topic10)
Step 3: Write a cover letter. You need to furnish all purposes and information that states your intention of the visit and the duration of stay such that it is easier to process your application. If the duration of stay is short such as hovering around 90 days or so, you would be called in for a residence permit in Germany earlier than initial anticipation.
Step 4: Open a Blocked Account: One has to provide proof of sufficient funds to cover his cost of living in Germany. In order to proof the same one has to open a block account. If one wants one may open a blocked account at any of the branch of Kotak Mahindra in India. One can also open a blocked account at a bank in Germany, but currently only two German banks are offering this service.
Step 5: Place all the documents at one place, after you have received the call letter from Germany. Click here to know about the list of the documents required. (http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/4060716/Daten/7748469/student.pdf)
If you know that you would be travelling to Germany, it is recommended that you apply 4 months in advance to steer clear of any delays whatsoever. After you have applied at the Consulate, you need to schedule an appointment for your interview. The day of the visa interview requires you to carry all documents to the office. You need to answer all question honestly and truthfully which allows your consular official to assess you as a potential candidate who should be allowed into the country.
If you are one of those students who need to stay in the country for a shorter duration, you must get a confirmation from the registration office. As an applicant there are a lot of rules which need to be followed diligently :
- You have to be present in person for the interview
- Carry all original documents
- Do not stick any photos on the application form
- Be careful about the validity of the passport.
- You are not allowed any company during the visa interview or your visit to the embassy.
- Schedule your visit early and apply as early as possible.
- All visa appointments are made online.
- You do not automatically get a visa. You might have to wait longer than your expected period and there is a possibility that you might not be granted one. In case you are denied a visa, the visa fee is refunded.
- Student visa costs you around 60 Euros as per data collected in 2008.
- For easier access to the application form, download it from the official portal.
- For enrolment, you need original and certified copies of mark sheets and certificates.
- You need to provide details of your bank account such that your expenses can be covered by you. You can always open a blocked account with Kotak Mahindra in India.
- Always have your biometric information handy.
- Always fill out accurate information. Any discrepancy and your visa application stay null and void.
If every document and information is furnished properly and you have applied correctly, the visa processing has an approximate timing of 4 months before getting promised. Before you can blink an eye, you would be in Germany, accepted into a university which offers your dream course. As you wait for your visa application to get processed and arrive at your registered address, why don’t you enrol in one of the German classes in Jaipur at Language Legos? It is always great to know a new language and with a certified level of language, things only get simpler and easier.